Lipan Telephone Company
Network TRANSPARENCY Statement
Lipan Telephone Company provides this Network Transparency Statement in accordance with the FCC’s Restore Internet Freedom Rules to ensure that you have sufficient information to make informed choices about the purchase of broadband services. Information about Lipan Telephone Company’s other policies and practices concerning broadband are available at www.lipan.net.
Lipan Telephone Company engages in network management practices that are tailored and appropriate for achieving optimization on the network considering the particular network architecture and technology of its broadband Internet access service. Lipan Telephone Company’s goal is to ensure that all of its customers experience a safe and secure broadband Internet environment that is fast, reliable and affordable. Lipan Telephone Company wants its customers to indulge in all that the Internet has to offer, whether it is social networking, streaming videos and music, to communicating through email and videoconferencing.
Lipan Telephone Company’s network management includes congestion- and security-protocol-management and customers generally will not be impacted by the protocols and practices that Lipan Telephone Company uses to manage its network.
- Lipan Telephone Company’s Network Transparency Disclosures
Lipan Telephone Company uses various tools and industry standard techniques to manage its network and deliver fast, secure and reliable Internet service. [COMPANY NAME] believes in full transparency and provides the following disclosures about its network management practices:
- Blocking: Lipan Telephone Company does not block or discriminate against lawful content.
- Throttling: Lipan Telephone Company does not throttle, impair or degrade lawful Internet traffic.
- Affiliated Prioritization: Lipan Telephone Company does not prioritize Internet traffic and has no plans to do so.
- Paid Prioritization: Lipan Telephone Company has never engaged in paid prioritization. We don’t prioritize Internet for consideration to benefit particular content, applications, services or devices. Lipan Telephone Company does not have plans to enter into paid prioritization deals to create fast lanes.
- Congestion Management: Lipan Telephone Company monitors the connections on its network in the aggregate on a continuous basis to determine the rate of utilization. If congestion emerges on the network, Lipan Telephone Company will take the appropriate measures to relieve congestion.
On Lipan Telephone Company’s network, all customers have access to all legal services, applications and content online and, in the event of congestion, most Internet activities will be unaffected. Some customers, however, may experience longer download or upload times, or slower surf speeds on the web if instances of congestion do occur on Lipan Telephone Company’s network.
Customers using conduct that abuses or threatens the Lipan Telephone Company network or which violates the company’s Acceptable Use Policy, Internet service Terms and Conditions, or the Internet Service Agreement will be asked to stop any such use immediately. A failure to respond or to cease any such conduct could result in service suspension or termination.
Lipan Telephone Company’s network and congestion management practices are ‘application-agnostic’, based on current network conditions, and are not implemented on the basis of customers’ online activities, protocols or applications. Lipan Telephone Company’s network management practices do not relate to any particular customer’s aggregate monthly data usage.
Lipan Telephone Company monitors its network on a continuous basis to determine utilization on its network. Lipan Telephone Company also checks for abnormal traffic flows, network security breaches, malware, loss, and damage to the network. If a breach is detected or high-volume users are brought to light by complaint, Lipan Telephone Company provides notification to the customer via email or phone. If a violation of Lipan Telephone Company’s policies has occurred and such violation is not remedied, Lipan Telephone Company will seek to suspend or terminate that customer’s service.
- Application-Specific Behavior: Except as may be provided elsewhere herein, Lipan Telephone Company does not currently engage in any application-specific behaviors on its network. Customers may use any lawful applications with Lipan Telephone Company.
- Device Attachment Rules: Customers must use PPPoE for authentication of point to point connections between devices on the network. There is a limit of one (1) PPPoE session per account. For best results, DSL modems, wireless modems, or other proprietary network gateways used on the Lipan Telephone Company broadband network should be provided by Lipan Telephone Company. Customers may attach devices of their choosing to their modems, including wired or wireless routers, laptops, desktop computers, video game systems, televisions, or other network-enabled electronics equipment. However, customers are responsible for ensuring that their equipment does not harm Lipan Telephone Company is not responsible for the functionality or compatibility of any equipment provided by its customers. Customers are responsible for securing their own equipment to prevent unauthorized access to Lipan Telephone Company’s broadband network by third parties and will be held responsible for the actions of such third parties who gain unauthorized access through unsecured customer equipment.
- Network Security: Lipan Telephone Company knows the importance of securing its network and customers from network threats and annoyances. The company promotes the security of its network and patrons by protections from such threats as spam, viruses, firewall issues, and phishing schemes. Lipan Telephone Company also deploys spam filters in order to divert spam from an online customer’s email inbox into a quarantine file while allowing the customer to control which emails are identified as spam. Customers may access the spam files through the email. Spam files are automatically deleted if not accessed within 10 days.
As its normal practice, Lipan Telephone Company does not block any protocols, content or traffic for purposes of network management, but Lipan Telephone Company may block or limit such traffic as spam, viruses, malware, or denial of service attacks to protect network integrity and the security of our customers.
- Network Performance
- Service Descriptions
Lipan Telephone Company deploys Internet access to its subscribers through hardwired broadband access.
- Network Performance
Lipan Telephone Company makes every effort to support advertised speeds and will dispatch repair technicians to customer sites to perform speed tests as needed to troubleshoot and resolve speed and application performance caused by Lipan Telephone Company’s network. Lipan Telephone Company measures availability, latency, and aggregate utilization on the network and strives to meet internal service level targets.
However, the bandwidth speed at which a particular distant website or other Internet resources may be downloaded, or the speed at which your customer information may be uploaded to a distant website or Internet location is affected by factors beyond Lipan Telephone Company’s control, including the speed of the connection from a distant web server to the Internet, congestion on intermediate networks, and/or limitations on your own computer equipment, including a wireless router. In addition, your service performance may be affected by the inside wiring at your premise. Accordingly, you, the customer, must consider the capabilities of your own equipment when choosing Lipan Telephone Company’s broadband service. Your computers and/or wireless or other networks in your homes or offices may need an upgrade in order to take full advantage of the chosen Lipan Telephone Company broadband plan.
For DSL, Fiber and T1 service, Lipan Telephone Company measures traffic every 5 min. All services are best effort.
Lipan Telephone Company tests each service for actual and expected access speeds at the time of network installation to demonstrate that the service is capable of supporting the advertised speed.
Customers may also test their actual speeds using the speed test located at speedtest.lipan.net or on Lipan Telephone Company’s website and may request assistance by calling our business office at 254-646-2211 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Based on the network information Lipan Telephone Company receives from its monitoring efforts, Lipan Telephone Company’s network is delivering data transmission rates advertised for the different high-speed Internet services. To be sure, Lipan Telephone Company has implemented a program of testing the performance of its network by using a test protocol similar to the one sanctioned by the FCC. We installed specific network performance monitoring equipment at aggregation points across our network and conducted a series of tests using this equipment. Lipan Telephone Company reports the results of this testing below. This result applies to both upload and download data rates, and applies for measurements made both at peak times and over a 24-hour period:
DOWNLOAD & UPLOAD SPEEDS
|ADVERTISED||ACTUAL SUSTAINED||PERCENTAGE DIFFERENTIAL|
|Up to 3 Mbps||3.7||+123.3333%|
|Up to 5 Mbps||5.5||+110%|
|Up to 8 Mbps||8.5||+106.25%|
|Up to 10 Mbps||11.1||+111%|
|ADVERTISED||ACTUAL SUSTAINED||PERCENTAGE DIFFERENTIAL|
|Up to 1 Mbps||1||–|
- Impact of Non-BIAS Data Services
The FCC has defined Non-Broadband Internet Access Services (Non-BIAS) to include services offered by broadband providers that share capacity with Broadband Internet Access Services (BIAS) (previously known as “Specialized Services”) also offered by the provider over the last-mile facilities. At this time, Lipan Telephone Company is not offering any non-BIAS data services.
- Commercial Terms
Pricing and additional service information may be found at www.lipan.net.
In addition to this Network Transparency Statement, patrons may also find links to the following on the Lipan Telephone Company Website:
For questions, complaints or requests for additional information, please contact Lipan Telephone Company at:
Business Office at 254.646.2211
Email at email@example.com
Last Updated 09/24/2018